Professional Benefits of Membership
MICNP serves as the voice of more than 4,700 nurse practitioners in the state to address the health care policy and practice issues of the profession. It is through our grass roots efforts over the years that we have successfully led legislative changes that impact health care, as well as improve our practice environment. The Council is recognized as representing Michigan's NPs by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Because of our association with this national organization and our lobbying efforts, MICNP has increased its visibility in Lansing and Washington DC.
MICNP Member Benefits:
- Access to 16 local chapters throughout the state
- Educational meetings held at the local chapter level
- Career opportunities through our website's Career Center
- Student scholarship program
- Reduced rates for our workshops and our annual Primary Care conference held in the Spring
- Weekly informational email
- Political advocacy for legislative/regulatory issues
- Lobbyist in Lansing
- Speakers Bureau
- Checks - you CANNOT join or renew online if paying by check.
- To pay by check, click HERE to access paper membership application and return with payment. Membership activation will not be completed until payment is received.
- Visa, MasterCare and Discover via online renewal or registration (click link below)
*Please note that our Student members are RNs currently enrolled in a graduate Nursing/NP Track University program. It does not include Nurse Practitioners enrolled in a DNP program. Anyone that is currently an active nurse practitioner should join/renew as an 'Active' member.
Paper Membership Application - click to access & print. This form is to be used when paying by check.
Help us continue to advance the practice of Nurse Practitioners across the state of Michigan.