The Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners (MICNP) is a professional organization that seeks to:
ADVANCE THE PROFESSION BY:
- Establishing Nurse Practitioners as Primary Care Providers in both the public and the private sector.
- Securing a patients right to choose a nurse practitioner as their primary care provider.
- Providing parity for nurse practitioners in the health care delivery system.
- Removing barriers between patients and nurse practitioners
- Advocating for the credentialing and contracting of Nurse Practitioners in managed care organizations.
- Securing direct reimbursement for nurse practitioner services.
- Securing independent prescriptive authority.
PROTECT HUMAN RIGHTS BY:
- Defining health care as an essential human right.
- Prohibiting discrimination in health policies and regulations.
- Requiring sensitive and competent care for diverse populations.
- Mandating informed choice in health care.
- Protecting privacy.
ASSURING ACCESS TO HEALTH CARE AND PROTECT PUBLIC SAFETY BY:
- Promoting essential care for all residents of the state
- Supporting services targeting vulnerable populations
- Ensuring health care by qualified providers
- Assuring services that address fundamental human needs that impact health.
IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF HEALTH CARE FOR MICHIGAN RESIDENTS BY:
- Increasing access to health care by expanding consumer choice in qualified primary care providers
- Advocating programs that address health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demanding coordinated delivery systems that ensure quality while containing costs.
- Supporting environmental quality as a public health concern.
Our organization is only as effective as its members and the greater our numbers, the stronger our voice.